WhatsApp Group(s) are very useful. Since the launch of WhatsApp, WhatsApp group has been its prominent feature. These groups are used for various purposes. You can create or join groups. These groups provide you with the ability to chat, call or share multimedia and document files with more than one person.
WhatsApp is a social Application. It supports cross-platform instant messaging and calling functions over the internet. It was first launched in 2010 for iPhone and Android. Later it was released for Windows phones and phones with Java and Symbian OS. It also supports Windows OS and MAC OS which require active application client on your mobile device. Here are some distinct features of this social App.
1: Cross-platform support 2: Password Free 3: Free Voice and Video calls 4: Groups Supported 5: Make group voice and Video calls 6: Block and report annoying person 7: Freeware
You can create groups in WhatsApp application. You can make an unlimited number of groups. Though you can add max 256 members in a group. You can make groups or join other groups created by other users. Groups are useful and pain in the butt at the same time. Here are the features of the groups and disadvantages.
- Make your messages easier to reach your selected audience.
- Share multimedia files, documents, and files with masses of people with one click.
- Make free group voice calls and video calls for free.
- You/Admin can set policies in the group. You can make other people group admin so they can control group members.
- There are 2 ways to join a group or invite anyone in your group.
- Spam messages
Since you can not control what others send in a group, the notifications become annoying. People send spam messages in groups. The only way to get rid of this problem is to kick out those individuals.
- Photos and Videos fill the storage
If you are participating in many groups and people in the group share too many videos and photos then you must have encountered the problem of low storage. All videos voice messages and photos are downloaded automatically in your device storage which eventually eats up all your free storage and you end up having very low to none free storage.
- Anyone who has your number can add you in group
To communicate on WhatsApp both users must have it installed on their devices and saved the numbers of persons he wishes to contact on WhatsApp. So similarly anyone who has your number saved in his contacts can add you to any of his groups. There is no way you can stop it but block that person.
How to make/join WhatsApp Group?
You can make unlimited WhatsApp groups. Here are the simple steps involved.
- Download and install WhatsApp from links given below.
- Open and activate your WhatsApp account.
- In the first screen of WhatsApp click on options (three dots in the upper right corner), select “New group” from the given options.
- Next step is to choose your group members. After selecting “New group” you are taken to the contacts screen, here all of your contacts which are on using WhatsApp are displayed. Select the contacts you want to add in your group. After contacts, selection click on Arrow icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now it will ask you to enter your group`s subject (name) and group icon. Tap on the Camera icon to add your group`s Display Picture.
- Now you have successfully created a WhatsApp group. Tap the group name to add your group`s description and customize it.