The rules of poker are the first step for anyone who has just wanted to play poker. We offer you to familiarize yourself with the classic rules of Texas poker right now.
You can learn how to play poker, the combinations and rules of poker Texas Hold’em with the help of a video from the Games Route. The information below is described in more detail.
The winning combinations of classic poker
The owner of the bank of the game will be the one who has the highest card combination on his hands. The rules of poker provide for 10 possible combinations.
To understand how to play poker, you need to remember the precedence of these poker combinations:
- The Royal Straight Flush is the top 5 suited cards.
- “Straight Flush” – 5 cards of the same suit in order.
- Four Aces – 4 cards of the same rank.
- “Full House” – a combination that includes a “Pair” and “Three” at the same time.
- “Flush” – 5 suited cards.
- “Straight” – 5 cards of any suit collected in order.
- “Set” or “Three of a kind” – 3 cards of the same rank.
- “ Two Pairs” – 4 cards, among which 2 identical in rank are collected.
- One pair is 2 identical cards.
- The youngest “High Card” combination is 1 card. The higher she is in rank, the more likely her victory.
Classic Poker Rules
The game can participate from 2 to 10 people. Each player in Texas Hold’em is dealt two cards.
After the distribution begins trading, which takes place in several rounds.
Two players on the left hand of the dealer make mandatory bets that are charged even before the start of trading. This is done in order to encourage players to play actively. These required bets are called blinds. These are the rules on how to play poker.
- If you are a novice player, then know that during the distribution it is more advantageous to have a late position in order to track the moves of your opponents. These are not the rules of poker, but rather a kind of tactical move.
After the players have placed the blinds, the first stage of trading begins.
How to play poker game imply the presence of certain actions that the player performs in the process of trading:
- Bet, (bet) – make a bet
- The answer, call (eng. Call) – put as much as the opponent put – equalize
- Raise, raise (born raise) – increase the bet – bet more than the opponents
- Reset cards, fold (English fold) – refuse to further participation in the game and discard cards
- Skip, check (eng. Check) – in situations where the bet has already been made or the bets have not been made by rivals – do not add anything to the bank, leave “as is
The betting round ends when all players have made equal bets or discarded cards.
After the first round of betting, if there is more than one person left in the hand, then according to the rules of the game of poker, three common open cards are put on the table, which is called the flop. Common maps should be used to make combinations.
If after this round there is more than one person left in the hand, then one more community card is put, which is called the turn. Similar to the flop, after the turn is dealt, another round of betting takes place.
After the turn, if necessary, put the last community card – the river.
After the river, there is another round of betting, and if after it two or more players claim the bank, an autopsy takes place.
The combinations according to the rules on how to play poker are made up of five community cards and two hole cards. When the last bet was made and equalized, all the remaining people in the game, in turn, begin to open their cards to their opponents. From them are made and evaluated the final winning combinations.
How can I pick up the bank? There are 2 fundamentally different ways:
- At the showdown, show a combination of cards that beats poker combinations of opponents.
- To make a bet that no one will call and everyone will fold their cards.
In order to win poker, it’s not enough to know the rules. Practice and advice from a professional trainer are needed. And now you have a great opportunity to get an express poker course worth $ 450 at our expense. Click the button below and learn for free!
Limits or monetary limits for bets in the game
The rules of poker can vary with respect to sums of money at game bets, called limits. Poker can be divided into several types of games:
Limit poker can be with a fixed limit (pre-set game settings for each round) and range (the amount of the bet may vary within certain limits). This means that for each round of the game there are established limits on the stakes, above which none of the players has the right to bet.
Pot limit poker
It gives players more freedom regarding the size of the bets, however, it also has some limitations. It lies in the fact that no player can make a bet that will exceed the total bank of the game.
Allows any player to play for the maximum allowable amount of money that will not exceed his stack, i.e. amount held in his hands. This is the most popular form of poker.
Understood? Try your hand at playing against the computer right now! However, do not forget, in order to learn how to play, you really need the experience of playing with real people, whether it is online or live.